Scaling issues in Max8

Scaling issues in Max8

Postby wasabi » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:08 am

Hi! I am currently using V2 of this great tool in Max8 :D

Its been working great so far except for tiny hitches which I think are caused by certain steps which I have been missing on doing?

What actually happens is that when I export the layer information ( no keys on my scale=default is 100%) to AE 7 the scaling of my comp which I paste the values to always appear really really tiny.... afterwhich I have to scale up to 700% ( which is not ideal..) in order for it to look correct in my final composition....

Anyone with any insight on this I'd appreciate some comments on this...Thanks very much! :D
wasabi

Postby boomer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:20 am

Wasabi,

Glad you like our tool.

There are two tricks that will help you avoid this problem:
1) Use Generic Units in MAX
2) Create your helper in MAX to the same size as what you want the helper to be in AE (ie. if the layer is to be 640 x 480 in AE, create the helper to be 640 x 480 Generic Units)

Thanks,

Matt Kaustinen
Boomer Labs
boomer
Site Admin

Scaling in Max : Thanks =)

Postby wasabi » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:38 am

:D Awesome! No wonder it works when I do normal testing in Max for demos, but when I do it in my project files with metric values something always screws up somewhere....lol...

Thank you so much for your reply! I shall take note of this when I handle my next project!

Cheers!
wasabi

Postby boomer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:47 am

Wasabi,

No problem. For consideration for a future release, I'll add a feature request to automatically scale the layers based on the screen units.

Thanks,

Matt
boomer
Site Admin

Return to MAX2AE