MAX2AE Layers Out of Sync

MAX2AE Layers Out of Sync

Postby boomer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:46 pm

Folks,

Posting this here for the benefit of others.

Problem:
Started using the export scene script and the layers all show but I'm still getting the shifting with any scene I create, it's like the rotation of the camera and layer get out of sync, but then get back into sync after a few frames.

Solution:
The problem was that you exported with the "Drop Frame" option checked. This means it was brought into your 30 fps comp at 29.97 fps, so keys would get lost. To fix this, unlock the export settings and unselect "drop frame" and you'll be back in business.

Thanks,
Mathew Kaustinen
Boomer Labs
boomer
Site Admin

Another note about drop frame

Postby byersj21 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:37 am

When I went to change the export setting, I was in PAL mode on my Max timeline. Therefore, even unlocking the export settings wasn't giving me the option to uncheck the drop frame. So, I had to go to my timeline and change it to NTSC, then open the Max2AE panel and uncheck the drop frame. Then went back and changed my timeline back to where it needs to be. Just a tip if anyone else runs into that.
byersj21

Sync issue

Postby iwillfilm » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:02 pm

I seem to be having the same problem that byersj21 had, tried exporting with drop frame unselected, it's weird, my frames are out of sync for the first 20 frames, then gets into sync afterwards.

The camera rotation actually seems off. At no point if I shift the 3D do frames line up in the first 20 frames, which means it's not a drop frame issue. The frame positions are different.

My camera in max is a free camera, my camera is connected to multiple null objects for more control. I get better results in ae if I select targeted for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated.
iwillfilm

Return to MAX2AE