Saving images through Vexus Submit Scripts

Vexus related Support Questions

Saving images through Vexus Submit Scripts

Postby moonbasexray » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:24 am

I could use some help. I think I am going about this the wrong way.

[attachment=0]Capture.PNG[/attachment]

From the image of the flow we have a pretty simple set up. A main pass and a white material over ride for each camera. Everything works as it should until we use a submit script. We are using the default script named "simple_windowless_submit_local_render.ms" found in the sample folder of the default installation. Everything works as it should except that the image does not save. If we execute each pass individually from the flow it will save the image.

I have the vexus file ready to share upon request. I tried to share it in the post, but it was blocked.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (115.37 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
moonbasexray

Re: Saving images through Vexus Submit Scripts

Postby boomer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:50 am

Hello,

The simple script does not include a filename in the render command (assuming studios might want to override). The attached script fixes this. Note however that we also don't support animations with this script, if you require this, please let us know.

Thanks,
Attachments
simple_windowless_submit_local_render_with_save.zip
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Mathew Kaustinen
Boomer Labs
boomer
Site Admin

Postby moonbasexray » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:07 am

You guys are awesome! Thank you for all the hard work. Vexus is so much better than state sets and anything else we've used.
moonbasexray

Postby boomer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Folks,

Here is a fixed version to the prior post, including frame range support.

Thanks,
Attachments
simple_windowless_submit_local_render_with_range_and_save.zip
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Mathew Kaustinen
Boomer Labs
boomer
Site Admin

Postby moonbasexray » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Thank you for the help. This is now working almost perfectly. The only issue we have now is with render elements. If you go through the graph and execute each pass individually the render element dialog box will update to correspond to the correct path to save with the main render. If you render each pass separately they will all save correctly. Now, if you use the Shot submit button, each pass will render and save correctly, but the render elements for each pass will save over each other in the folder for which ever pass was executed before all the shots were submitted to render locally.

Even if we set up each pass with their own render element nodes and make sure that the delete all render elements is checked in the main pass node this still happens when we use the shot submission dialog.

Any help in pointing us in the right direction would be appreciated. We do have deadline up and working. We are using this local render capability for dailies/rough drafts etc while our small farm works on larger finished jobs.
moonbasexray

Postby boomer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Scott,

I’ll post more details tomorrow, but in short, you need to specify the output path/file name to use tokens so that they are unique on each pass. For example: $$shot/$$pass/element.png
boomer
Site Admin

Return to Vexus