logistic question

Vexus related Support Questions

logistic question

Postby thomas » Fri May 04, 2018 3:36 am

hello,

if i want to change the object id for a specific object i do this with the node "object id".
for this is an override node, i thought it changes the id temporary not definitely.
so if i now render an old upper tree, i get a different result for the object id.

what can i do to avoid this? what do i understand wrong?

thanks for help

thomes

[attachment=0]prob02.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
prob02.jpg
prob02.jpg (206.51 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
thomas

Re: logistic question

Postby boomer » Sat May 05, 2018 10:11 am

Thomes,

A change to a node property will be retained within 3ds MAX until you overwrite it again. Does this answer your question?

Thanks,
Mathew Kaustinen
Boomer Labs
boomer
Site Admin

Postby thomas » Sun May 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Thanks mathew!

So if i work out 10 passes and at pass 10 i want to change the id of an object, i have to make an id-note at pass 1 to reset it for the first 9?
Would be cool to have a checkbox for changes only for this special pass ( temporary override)
I thought that vexus works like this, that all nodes make changes only for the separate state/pass !
i don´t want to have things changed in the scene...i want to make individual changes for an object for a special pass ONLY . thats what i would prefer...

but mathew please explain me why this node changes object properties in the scene for all further passes. what is the sense ?
thomas

Postby thomas » Thu May 17, 2018 2:51 am

hey mathew,

a short explanation would be great.
thanks for your time
thomas

Postby boomer » Mon May 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Thomas,

You have a few options here:
1) For all of the passes set the NodeID (1 for the first 9, 10 for the final pass). In this case you could make a single node that sets the NodeID to 1 and plug that into passes 1 through 9
2) The other option is to have the NodeID reset to 1 after the pass executes by plugging in a node that sets the ID back to 1 after the pass executes.

Does this help?

PS. We are considering adding a "capture state" node for a future release that might help as well.
boomer
Site Admin

Return to Vexus